
This last weekend was beautiful, it was warm and sunshining. My grandparents had a yard sale so I went down for the semi-annual event, and the Elmen tradition of "yard sale doughnuts" before I had to start my diet again yesterday. I went shopping with my daughter and niece and I never realized how much fun it would be to watch two girls try on hundreds of dresses at target. They were so happy just to play dress up. I couldn't resist. I had other errands to run, but none of them were important enough to cut this experience short. They twirled and turned and tried and retried dresses on until they couldn't stand it anymore (I think we actually just ran out of options). I bought them each their favorites, and my niece a birthday present. We then proceeded to Chick-fil-a, which ended up being a huge disappointment. Food was better when I was younger. Best time I have had in a long time.
Sunday was spent making drapes and just chilling. I had to start school again Monday and I literally did not want to do ANYTHING. I made one of my best friends some drapes for his new home, I hope he liked them as much as I did. If anyone knows me, they know how happy I get by giving or doing things for other people. That feeling is the best. Its better than any gift or thing that could be done or given to me. Something inside me needs to be needed and appreciated. I want to be that one friend or family member that everyone feels like they can count on. I tend to over obligate myself at times, not taking time for the things I want to do, but all in all I would rather improve others lives than my own. I hope that this is how I am remembered, and that this will be my legacy.
I miss my Mom. I am sad that I can't just see her when the mood hits me. I have learned that I need to appreciate all of my family more, because I WILL and DO miss their presence in my life. All in all it was a wonderful weekend full of family, friends, and SUN!! YAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment